ZEBEDEE is a payment platform for virtual worlds. We build software developer kits to enable true in-game commerce using globally interoperable digital value protocols. Virtual worlds need the native currency of the internet. With one foot in the gaming industry and another in Fintech - we bridge the divide to the next payment frontier. Come and join us!
Global video gaming and interactive media is a $100bn revenue industry growing at 10%+ per annum, driven by microtransactions. ZEBEDEE allows new types of monetisation models for both game developers and gamers. We are not just another payment service provider. We are building the infrastructure that will enable new types of behaviours and activities in gaming environments using Bitcoin as the payment rail.
We are looking for a Frontend Engineer to join the ZEBEDEE Engineering team working on the React-focused suite of digital products. You will work directly with other engineers, project managers, and designers, to execute on product and system specifications.
Responsibilities will be variable and will depend on the specific project currently being worked on, but will typically include:
- Develop and maintain the ZEBEDEE Wallet and ZEBEDEE Developer Dashboard and other React-based apps on the ZEBEDEE suite of products.
- Work closely with other engineering members to scale and improve upon the user interfaces of products and services in the platform.
- Take ownership over the technical direction of some internal applications.
- Create and maintain application-wide testing suites, ensuring maximum reliability of the feature-set.
- Create and maintain UI component systems and write concise, well-organized code.
- Work to solve several technical challenges: ease-of-use, security and privacy, analytics, throughput, re-architecting for the future, etc.
- Work closely with the Bitcoin/Lightning Network team to help provide best user-interfaces for transaction handling.
- 3+ years development experience with at least 2+ years of professional experience working in React and/or React Native in production.
- Experience with REST and WebSocket based APIs and microservices.
- Excellent knowledge of client state management (Redux and other Flux patterns).
- Experience crafting UI components and library sets.
- Proficiency in styling systems and solutions like Sass, Styled Components, and CSS-in-JS.
- Experience working alongside backend application developers to interface with internal APIs.
- Strong proficiency in TypeScript
- Deployed React Native apps to the iOS App Store and Google Play Store.
- Previous experience building UI component systems/libraries.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Knowledge of, and experience working with Bitcoin and Lightning Network software.
- React / React Native
- Babel / ESLint / Webpack
- Flow / Jest / Enzyme
- LND / Bitcoin Core
Competitive with employee stock option bonuses.
Decentralized / Remote Environment
ZEBEDEE is a fully remote working company. We seek to hire the best talent from around the world, wherever you may live.